It’s no secret that women are different from men. Women give birth, have menstrual pain, breastfeed, have hot flashes, and are sometimes known to have the occasional mood swing. Clary Sage essential oil then should also be no secret to women!
This is one of my all time favorite oils. Here is why…
Clary Sage essential oil is known for its uplifting and mood-lightening attributes and also for its anti-fungal, antispasmodic, sedative, and soothing properties. Clary Sage has traditionally been used by women to soothe monthly discomfort associated with their menstrual cycles and to help with emotional stress, damaged hair, hot flashes, lactation, mood swings, and more.
There is even research on the subject. Clary Sage was shown to help with relieving menstrual pain, alleviating pain during labor, and helping relieve anxiety.
- Study: An aromatherapy massage (consisting of clary sage and other essential oils) may be an effective treatment for menstrual pain in high school girls. Read the full study here.
- Study: An observational study done by midwives over the last 8 years have suggested that aromatherapy using clary sage and chamomile essential oil are effective in alleviating pain and that aromatherapy can be effective in reducing maternal anxiety, fear and/or pain during labor. Read more about the study here.
- Study: One study found that animals who were given clary sage essential oil-enriched food from the date of conception, showed a significant reduction of dominant and anxiety-like behavior compared to animals who were given sunflower oil-enriched food. Clary Sage essential oil, in this study, was found to posses anxiety relieving properties. Read more about the study here.
It’s no wonder why Clary Sage should be every woman’s best friend!
Tips from dōTERRA:
- For menstrual discomfort, massage 3-5 drops of Clary Sage onto your abdomen.
- Diffuse to help uplift your mood.
- Add Clary Sage to your Epsom salt bath to help relieve nerves and anxiety. Combine Clary Sage and Roman Chamomile essential oils for an even more relaxing bath.
- Use Clary Sage to make a deep Deep Hair Conditioner to help stimulate the scalp and promote hair growth.
- Put 1-2 drops on your pillow to help you have a better night’s rest.
Tips from dōTERRA Facebook Fans:
“I used [Clary Sage] for labor pains and to start milk production. I had it in just 1 day after my daughters birth! Loved it!” -Josh-Sylvia McBride
“I put it in my shampoo and on my feet at night. Clary Sage is by far my favorite oil. My body finally feels regulated and I’ve been losing less hair in my shower”-Jaclyn Smith
“I put it on my abdomen for menstrual cramps and they are gone within minutes! I would chose Clary Sage over Ibuprofen any day!” -Amanda Deeter Freestone
“I apply to ankles and feet and heart center for night hot flashes. Also apply to pulse points (wrists, neck) for the calming benefits during the day. Will have to try the liver area. Love Clary Sage!” -Renee Frensko
“It helps relieve my headaches” -Starla Allen
“I use it mixed with coconut oil for hair massage to keep my hair thick and healthy.” -Arpita Chadha
“I use it to help me sleep at night. Put a drop on back of neck and 1 drop on front of neck – 15 minutes later – sleeping.” -Jeri Harwell
I hope you find this essential oil as helpful as I do!
If you enjoyed learning about this essential oil, you might also like these two articles.
Here are some of the ways I think they would be awesome to use. Keep Reading
Growing a baby can be exciting, tiring and overwhelming all at the same time. – – – >> If you’re ready to stop worrying and start building the relaxed conscious mindset that will set you up for a positive birth experience, simply click here, and get the guide today.